Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word. If the submission is better suited to LaTex, then a separate Word file containing only the text of the manuscript is also attached as part of the submission.
- Submission must be letter-sized (8.5” x 11”), 12-point font, Times New Roman, double-spaced, 1-inch margin.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- Line numbers are added to the manuscript. In Microsoft Word, this is accomplished by clicking on the layout tab, then clicking on “Show Line Numbers.”
- Relevant figures and tables are embedded into the manuscript with appropriate legends in the following file formats: JPEG, PNG, TIFF.
- The manuscript is submitted with all personal identifiers removed in the text.
- Signed MANDATORY FORMS (found here https://aresty.rutgers.edu/sites/default/files/pdf/Mandatory%20Submission%20Forms.pdf) are attached.
- Only if required, the signed REPRODUCTION DISCLOSURE FORM (found here: https://aresty.rutgers.edu/sites/default/files/pdf/Reproduction%20Disclosure%20Form.pdf) is attached.
ArticlesSection default policy
The listed copyright agreements must be read and acknowledged by the signatures of all authors involved before the manuscript can be reviewed for publication.
1. The author accepts responsibility for the originality of the paper as well as factual and experimental accuracy.
- Any help received from faculty, graduate students, or others in the course of the research will be recognized by citations by the author and in published issues.
- The work shall contain no material beyond what is permitted by the “Fair Use” clause, e.g. material from other copyrighted works without the consent of the owner of such copyrighted materials. Should the work contain copyrighted materials, the author must disclose this via the “Reproduction Disclosure Form”, and the author must request consent from the copyright holder.
- If the research was conducted under a PI/advisor, the Mandatory Forms need to be sent directly from the PI/advisor. These forms need to be signed by both the author and the PI/advisor. If applicable, the “Reproduction Disclosure Form” should be sent directly from the author.
- The author will disclose any financial or other interests related to the submitted work that could affect the author’s objectivity or could influence the perception of the article’s content.
2. The author hereby grants and assigns to the Publisher the non-exclusive and open rights to publish their work in Aresty Rutgers Undergraduate Research Journal (Aresty RURJ) granted by an attribution, non-commercial, and share-alike Creative Commons license. This broad license was developed by an international non-profit organization to facilitate open access to, and free use of, original works of all types. This has been adopted by major institutions globally. Applying this standard license to your work will in short:
- Accord you ownership of the copyright; patent and trademarks are not licensed - Allow you to have a final say in how your work will be published
- Provide strong legal protection to you and those wishing to use your work in a non-commercial fashion; i.e., Aresty RURJ will serve as a licensed provider - State that the licenser does not make any warranties of the said work. Thus, this license ensures your right to make your work freely and openly available. For the full legal terms of the license, please visit: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/legalcode
3. Papers published in Aresty RURJ may be published elsewhere; however, it may be necessary to be aware of other journals’ policies regarding exclusive rights.
- Use of the licensed material may still be restricted for other reasons, e.g., others having copyright in the material.
- It is also required that the author keep Aresty RURJ informed as to where the paper or a significant part of the paper has been published or may be published.
4. The author agrees to communicate and work with Editors and Reviewers sincerely and cooperatively in order to revise the article for publication in the Aresty RURJ.
- The author agrees to deliver to Aresty RURJ a complete manuscript copy of the work satisfactory to the Publisher in content, form, and length.
- If the author should fail to deliver a manuscript that is satisfactory to the Aresty RURJ, the Publisher may terminate this agreement by giving written notice to the author.
- If, when the manuscript is delivered, Aresty RURJ determines that it is not satisfactory, the author shall cooperate with the Publisher in changing the manuscript to make it satisfactory to the Publisher.
- If the manuscript cannot be made satisfactory to the Aresty RURJ, Aresty RURJ may, at any time within three months after delivery of the manuscript, terminate this agreement by giving written notice to the author.
5. This agreement may not be revoked without the express written consent of both parties.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.